Vintage Rehberger United Airlines Trio

Objects incorporating models of aircraft.

Moderators: grwebster, MichaelB, BWBrown, angelreader, ronc200

Vintage Rehberger United Airlines Trio

Postby sandmanoverhaul » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:27 pm

In a follow-up to my previous posting of the two original Rehberger United Airlines Ashtrays, the latest is this original United Airlines larger B-247 Desk Lamp.

After picking up the B-247, I spent a couple of days with the all-mighty Jim Striplin of Hartford,AL (aluminum model restoration expert extraordinaire). What a wonderful experience sitting in the hangar at Striplin Field surrounded by classic full-scale aircraft (2 ea 150's, Aztec and Taylorcraft) learning how to forge aluminum parts. Jim has in his vast collection the same Rehberger B-247 United Lamp model. He described the process for "cleaning-up" the model if I ever want to return it as a pristine sample.

Jim's "Real Job" is manufacturing and installing full-scale airport lighting systems all over the world. If you know anyone with any type of airport, heliport, etc., Jim has amazing solutions and products. Check the website-
https://www.striplinrunwaylights.com/

I promise to record the steps needed if I can ever make some time to get this Rehberger B-247 Lamp restored.

BTW, this is the model that features the retract landing gear. It will also get the prop and lamp assemblies updated as well.

Tom,
SANDMAN OVERHAUL
Attachments
sandmanoverhaul

Return to Ashtray Models, Table Lighters and other Accessories