DC-4 Poll

toys made by Marx, Wyandotte, Steelcraft etc....

Moderators: MichaelB, angelreader

DC-4 Poll

Postby soslipstream » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:58 pm

Project #3

This time I am taking an unscientific poll on the next Marx DC4 (Pressed Steel). I can be fairly flexible with subjects but am looking for your valued input. So far I am considering to military motifs and possibly a commercial sample. The first, 1944 Air Transport Command, Olive drab and blue. The second, late 50's, Military Air Transport Service in silver with bright color accents. The third, would be another airline. Michael suggested Braniff. They had a nice DC-4 motif. United had the blue, wing-ed trim that sweep behind the cockpit. Eastern was a little to detailed. Possibly Capital with the yellow and red trims.

I now have additional fuel trucks, support and military vehicles to flesh out just about any "set".

My concern is that I flip these back in the market and have to create what the market will accept.

As always, I appreciate opinions.
Regards, Tom
soslipstream

Re: DC-4 Poll

Postby MichaelB » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:48 am

Well then, you need to continue turning out the PAA versions! There is at least one other PAA livery you can do.
If you want to hit "the market", the PAA and EAL versions should be the most popular.
That said, a military version would be super and there are loads of colorful schemes for the same, including all the Berlin Air Lift birds.
Good luck!
Michael
MichaelB

Return to Pressed Steel