F-100 chrome model - looking for more info

Found an item that you cannot identify? Post it here

Moderators: MichaelB, angelreader

F-100 chrome model - looking for more info

Postby teasip » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:26 am

Hello all
A a recent find at a local military show a few months back lead me here to the MAC forum and I thought I would share some pics to see if anyone might be able to tell me more about it....I have really enjoyed the forum by the way!
It is hollow through the middle of the model from the intake thru the exhaust and the only other clue might be the partial label on the bottom of the base that I tried to capture in one of the pics. It is in overall good shape, although the ball joint mounting point is worn out and the plane rotates VERY freely.....
I think the Navy decals might have been added later....I do not recall the Navy actually flying the F-100?
Thanks in advance for any input!
Attachments
teasip

Re: F-100 chrome model - looking for more info

Postby fliegerii » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:24 pm

This model was made by Fomaer of Italy. Fomaer was well known to manufacture 1/50 scale Air Force models from aluminium.
They made models to sell them to the pilots of the USAF, which were located in Italy, and there were also made many models of Luftwaffe exported to Germany.
Fomaer was active from the late 60s to the late 90s.

Your model is an early F-100 with full moulded cockpit. I have a later one with a cockpit made of clear acryl. The shaft below the front underside of the fuselage is made to carry a pitot tube. You can use a 1 or 2 mm steel wire and add this tube.

The F-100 is relatively rare (even though the Fomaer models are not too expensive).

I also think, that some decals are added later and not genuine.

Regards,
Christian
fliegerii

Postby teasip » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:32 am

Thanks very much for the reply Christian!
This is great info about the plane, I appreciate you taking the time to send me all those details.

Is yours all chrome without decals? I would enjoy seeing pics of it should you take any in the future and would not mind sharing...
Thanks for the info about the pitot tube, how far does yours extend beyond the end of the fuselage?

Appreciate again you taking the time to share your knowledge!
Regards,
Chris
teasip

Postby m94x » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:51 am

Here's my F-100 which I think might be a Fomaer also.
Attachments
Super Sabre.jpg
Super Sabre.jpg (15.32 KiB) Viewed 5234 times
m94x

Return to Unidentified Models