RealToy 737

Ready made plastic toys such as Renwal, Palitoy, Acme, Processed Plastics, etc...

Moderators: MichaelB, angelreader

RealToy 737

Postby Tone » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:58 pm

This is a plastic toy. The body is die cast metal. Though dating from the 2000s it has plastic stickers like those used back in the 70s.

RealToy has an excellent series of heavy die cast metal fighter planes that are also sold as Politoys. The airliners leave much to be desired. From a distance the plane looks OK but close up it is cheap-looking. The RealToy name appears nowhere on the plane or packaging. The DARON name appears instead. This firm is a New Jersey-based toy importer that specializes in airport play set souvenir toys.
Tone

Re: RealToy 737

Postby MichaelB » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:49 am

Daron is also a major importer for a variety of lines, inluding Hogan and Herpa. Their house brand, Sky Marks (play on the owner's name of Marx!!) are quite good and very popular. Their retail outlet in NJ is The Airplane Shop, and they have a store in Las Vegas as well. I invited the owner, Ron Marx, to the MAC NJ show in 1996 (??) and see him at most of the Airliner Collectible shows in the Northeast.
Real Toy are the bottom line kids toys, and for that are plenty good. Plus they have a large number of "Airline" and "Airport" play sets which seem to be very collectible. But yes, the "toys" themselves are pretty shoddy, but toys they are...
MJB
MichaelB

Re: RealToy 737

Postby pendulum19 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:26 am

I sure would love to build my collection of RealToy airliners even more. Theyre not the best, but they're really fun to stare at. I currently have:
2x Air Canada A340
1x United 744
1x NWA 744
1x Virgin Atlantic 744
1x United 777

I wish I could get the white Alaska 737,,,
pendulum19

Return to Plastic toys