Hallmark 2013 Ornament

Ready made plastic toys such as Renwal, Palitoy, Acme, Processed Plastics, etc...

Moderators: MichaelB, angelreader

Re: Hallmark 2013 Ornament

Postby Aeronaut » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:07 pm

Aeronaut

Postby MichaelB » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:07 pm

The Mr. Mulligan is in the stores now...I haven't picked one up yet...but...soon and I'll scale it out. This is a great series and I hope they are over their Cessna thing for the moment - unless it for more "classic" Cessnas...not new 172s!
Here is the Hallmark promo photo.
...I'll need to look for the GB...thanks for the tip!
Michael
Attachments
MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:28 pm

The Hallmark Mr. Mulligan is in 1/97 scale which, sadly, isn't the same as the other racers in the series.
It's a beautiful piece in all other regards. There is a bit of glue stain where mine had a strut glued in, but other than that the finish is flawless. Needless to say - the prop spins. As always in this series, there aren't any clear pieces - those are blacked out.
It's nice to see Hallmark returning to classic '30s aircraft; there are lots of subjects to consider in this range.

Christian: We do have Cuchacabras here in Texas but no one has photographed one just yet! :)
I didn't see the SR-71 on the store rack yet. I'll keep an eye out.
This series started in 1997 and has a number of really nice pieces. I wonder what they will do for their 20th Anniversary?
Michael
MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:13 pm

I visited my local Hallmark store yesterday, although I knew it was already too late to score from their after-Christmas 1/2 price ornament sale. Indeed, no Mulligans remained!
Many GB Chupacabras were available, but I wasn't interested already having the Hallmark GBs from years past in both colors. The depiction is of the character from the Disney "Planes" movie; a quick and easy way for Hallmark to kill two birds with one stone. ...and a Chupacabra is actually a goat sucker, as in blood. There are quite a few in the Nueces Breaks...
Happily I had picked up a Mr. Mulligan in August as an emergency ration...glad I did!
I'm certain eBay will be a continuing resource for future buy-backs if needed....now begins the wait for the 2015 ornament; should be announced in July.
This is getting to be a legendary release set due to several factors:
Truly historical subjects (for the most part); often of unique, previously unmodeled, aircraft.
Longevity of the series (since 2001)
Quality of the product
Price and availability

Having old issues on eBay restricts somewhat the "limited edition" aspect of the releases, but in this day and age there are very few limited anythings - no matter what they say!
This is a good line to encouarge those just coming into the "toy" airplane collecting area.

On another note, this was a year filled with sadness what with the surprising loss of GR Webster, our founder, patron and living reference. It's still tough to believe. However...here we are continuing his legacy of fun!
Thanks, GR!
Happy New Year to you all!
Michael Bludworth
MichaelB

Previous

Return to Plastic toys