Stand for a 1/50th Concorde

Models contracted and paid by the airlines to be put on display in travel agencies.

Moderator: larrymak

Stand for a 1/50th Concorde

Postby car15 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:04 pm

Hello, just acquired a Westway TWA Concorde in 1/50th scale and I am in need of an original stand for it. Any help or suggestions?

Thanks
Attachments
car15

Re: Stand for a 1/50th Concorde

Postby CAIR67 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:07 pm

Very nice model. Someone was selling a 1/24th Westway TWA Concorde many years ago, still regret not buying it. If I'm correct 1/50 would make 4-5ft? If so you need a chrome floor tripod for it. Your best option is to contact Pacmin and get one from them. They make a very nice one for 1/50 scale and it is an off the shelf item for them. The last one I bought from them was $190+shipping which is a good price. I had problems with my stand because the plate on the stand that attaches to the model was shorter than the holes on the model. I had to get a larger plate welded on the stand for me by an outside source.
Plan B is to contact Westway in the UK and see if they have a stand for it. Westway has been very hit or miss lately and I've heard bad things about there shipping, but steel tubing does not bend easily. I contacted them about a stand for a 1/50th 747 and they did have one but I never heard back from them when I tried to order it.
Plan C is if you have this type of stand than take it to a metal fabricator and see if they can replicate it. I knew someone that got 5 1/36 scale tripods made for $150 a piece which is a steal.

Good Luck
David
CAIR67

Return to Travel Agency Models