Matchbox and More

For planes made after 1980 {The end of Dinky Toys} and those currently being made.

Moderators: MichaelB, angelreader

Matchbox and More

Postby MichaelB » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:27 pm

Picked up yet another new Matchobox at Target yesterday. Looks like a Hughes 500 (now MDD now Boeing 500) with twin engines and NOTAR. Matchbox identifies it as "Airblade"....yeah, me too...
Howver it is marked as "SB86". I suppose that what the numbers mean on the side of the fuselage: SB8609 as in Sky Buster 86 from 2009. New card as well, but the same old stuff. I didn't see any other new metal on the shelf, just more colorful versions not worth noting.
However, I did find something new. All these months I've seen the "Forces of Valor" planes across the aisle. As they are large (and expensive) 1/72 planes I wasn't interested, but they looked nice enough.
This time I find a new rack from Forces of Valor, and at first I thought the title said "Micro Machines"! But no - "Macho Machines" is what is written. A new addition to the Forces of Valor line from Unimax Toys, Kowloon HK. Shown on the back are F16s, the F22 and the F117. I picked one up just to take a look. They are very much the size and quality of the Maisto pieces, and might even be a little bit better.
This is my kind of stuff, although the subject choices are mundane.
When did Hong Kong start reappearing on Made In China stuff? I remember when DynaFlites started having Made In China stickers on the item, and the handover was in 1997. Maybe we begin to see some pride reappearing?
Michael
Attachments
Raise Up and New Matchbox 003 sm.jpg
Raise Up and New Matchbox 003 sm.jpg (205.59 KiB) Viewed 1980 times
MichaelB

Re: Matchbox and More

Postby Tone » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:44 pm

Keep an eye open for the Sky-Buster Piaggio Avanti twin-pusher Metro Commuter, it is a cool plane. We have one at ALB and you should hear those props buzzing, it sounds so different than the usual prop-jet.
Tone

Re: Matchbox and More

Postby MichaelB » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

...love the Piaggio...beautiful plane...when looking at it is there any doubt it is of Italian origin? With a little tempting I can be forced to upload "art" shots of it...here's the Matchbox, which they do not label as a Piaggo. Truth be told, it only has some Piaggio features as they have added in some Beech Starship details as well. The other closely matches the Adam jet, which I think has been cancelled. These came out last August.
Michael
Attachments
Piaggio and Adam Jet detail SB 8.09 004.jpg
Piaggio and Adam Jet detail SB 8.09 004.jpg (88.78 KiB) Viewed 1964 times
MichaelB

Return to Die Cast Airplanes - Modern