Dinky Caravelle

For toys made before 1980. Up to and including Aero Minis and the last of the Dinky Toy aircraft.

Moderators: MichaelB, angelreader

Dinky Caravelle

Postby m94x » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:39 pm

I recently bought a lot of cast airplanes and amongst them were this Dinky Caravlle SE210 (60F wing) and I assume also a Dinky DC-3, both of which appear to have never been finished at the factory as they both carry the flash from casting and the Caravelle still shows the runner on the side of the fuselage (top photo). Could these have been test parts from the start of production or perhaps samples that employees took for themselves? Seems strange that they would not have taken a finished product. Does anyone know if they carry any value for collectors- they are outside the scope of my collection and am pondering what to do with them. Here's an interesting link I found on the Caravelle toy: http://www.talkmodeltoys.com/discus/mes ... 1240777499
Attachments
m94x

Re: Dinky Caravelle

Postby Flyingtiger10 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:20 am

Probably unfinished defective castings to be recycled from the factory.
Although the DC-3 was made in Liverpool, and the Caravelle in Bobigny.
So, maybe a cast copy of each of them by the previous collector...?
Flyingtiger10

Postby johnbeugels » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:46 am

Hello,
From this pictures it is not possible to determine the real brand. Dinky or other? Maybe pictures from underside of the planes are helpfull. There are always details with lettering underneath. Meccano did not make dies without these details so also rough castings would have these.
Many companys made models of DC3 without any name or details. Examples Pilot Denmark or Diecast from Netherlands.
John Beugels.
johnbeugels

Postby m94x » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:45 am

The Caravelle does have all of the Dinky markings on the underside.
m94x

Return to Die Cast Airplanes - Vintage