Little Tin Toys

for all types of helicopter toys and models. Arne Lasance {alas} from the Netherlands is the Moderator

Moderator: alas

Little Tin Toys

Postby Tone » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:54 am

All of these are about 3 to 4 inches, or 8 to 10 centimeters, long.

Unmarked. The silver Rescue copter has repainted silver blades.

1980s ND Toys, still made in Japan.

Early Yonezawa Westland G-AMHK.
Tone

Re: Little Tin Toys

Postby MichaelB » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:28 pm

Here's one that came to me a few years ago. No rotor (darn!). This is a very small piece, only about 4" long and it resembles some of those you posted. No logo or anything. Any ID would be appreciated.
It is also available to a good home.
Michael
Attachments
MichaelB

Postby hovermd » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:05 pm

I've picked up a number of these small tin toys over the years. Some were sold in decorated distributor boxes, some individually as a bag toy, some in blister packs and often times loose on the counter.

The majority were made by ND of Japan and distributed by Ichimura (Indian Head Toys). Others were made by TT (Takatoku) and SH (Horikowa) of Japan, or S Toys of Korea. A few were copied by Industria Argentia and other nations.

Whether they are all tin construction, or a combination of tin and plastic, they still have colorful lithography and are pretty cool!!

Small Helicopter Toys
Mark Driver
Toy Helicopter & Rotorcraft Collector
markmdrive@aol.com
hovermd

Postby Aeronaut » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:22 am

hovermd wrote: A few were copied by Industria Argentia and other nations.

Great collection!! Just for the record. "Industria Argentina" means "Made in Argentina". This is not a brand name. There were many small Argentine entrepreneurs that have produced small batches of tin toys for local distribution. They all went out of business when imports from China were allowed to flow in almost without import duties during the early 1980's.
Aeronaut

Postby hovermd » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:55 pm

I have a number of dissimilar toys that are marked Industria Argentina - I've never seen a unique manufacturer name on any Argentinian toy...

Did all Argentine manufacturers simply agree to not mark their toy individually and instead use this more "generic" term?
Mark Driver
Toy Helicopter & Rotorcraft Collector
markmdrive@aol.com
hovermd

Postby Aeronaut » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:43 am

hovermd wrote:I have a number of dissimilar toys that are marked Industria Argentina - I've never seen a unique manufacturer name on any Argentinian toy...

Did all Argentine manufacturers simply agree to not mark their toy individually and instead use this more "generic" term?

I know almost nothing about Argentine tin toys. I used to work in tooling at the Argentine Air Force aircraft manufacturing plant and one of the tool designers there told me that when times were good (before the late '70s) he used to make tin toys on the side with some associates.

I do have in my collection a few diecast airplanes made in Argentina and some of them have names such as "ANAMARY" (obviously somebody's wife/girlfriend/mother/sister) and the ubiquitous "Industria Argentina" engraved on them. Again, not a brand but a statement of where the item was made. By law, anyt industrial goods made in Argentina should have some sort of script that says Industria Argentina.
Aeronaut

Re: Argentina Tin Toys

Postby Tone » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:19 pm

hovermd wrote:I have a number of dissimilar toys that are marked Industria Argentina - I've never seen a unique manufacturer name on any Argentinian toy...

Some names of companies in Argentina that made tin toys were Matarazzo, Saxo, and Vispa.

The Matarazzo planes look as though they were made in the 1930s. There is a web site devoted to this brand, which seemed to have made a variety of different toys.

Saxo made some battery cars such as a 1965 Chev Impala police car.

Vispa copied the 16" Alps 707, which it marked as "Halcon" (hawk). It also made a different Halcon airplane (a fighter?) and a tin/plastic 747 called the Speeder.

There are also some die cast planes from Argentina such as the "Antex" brand, and copies of the Dyna-Flites MiG 21 and Hawker Hunter (that I have seen on-line).
Attachments
Vispa-Argentina Halcon.JPG
Vispa-Argentina Halcon.JPG (6.6 KiB) Viewed 5369 times
Tone

Little Tin Toys

Postby Tone » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:36 pm

6 chopper arrangement!
Tone

Return to Helicopter Toys