Bell 47 - Made in Turkey?

for all types of helicopter toys and models. Arne Lasance {alas} from the Netherlands is the Moderator

Moderator: alas

Postby Tone » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:02 am

This looks like a Japanese toy to me:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/147818621 ... bdt-RqVaQz
Tone

Re: Bell 47 - Made in Turkey?

Postby hovermd » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:21 pm

There are a surprising number of toys featured on Ebay that reportedly come out of countries like India and Turkey. Almost invariably, they are modeled after known Japanese examples. I'm not sure if the Japanese companies actually sold their tooling/dies and other equipment, or not. The crudeness of many of these toys makes me think that manufacturers in these countries merely copied the designs.
Mark Driver
Toy Helicopter & Rotorcraft Collector
markmdrive@aol.com
hovermd

Postby Tone » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:04 pm

I was well aware of the space ships and robots from India that are copied from Japanese toys, seen on the Danefield "Alphadrome-Home of the Robots" web site. Also, I found a photo of at least one airplane, a Lockheed JetStar, that looks as though it might be based on a Japanese toy, only cruder (for example, the jet engines are just curled metal tubes). I notice that, generally,the Indian toys are green/yellow/red!

I did not know the Turkish tin toys were copies to such a great extent, except for perhaps one or two of the small planes. There are not that many to examine! The same person with this helicopter has a Turk Hava Yollari twin-prop that is obviously the same tooling as the Chinese MF-107 small airplane that is very common.
Tone

Return to Helicopter Toys