The New Skybirds forum is now active

The historically important Skybirds series of aircraft was created in 1932 in the United Knigdom by Alfred J. Holladay. The series ended by the end of WW 2. They produced a prodigious number of aircraft in kits {and 2 complete die cast ones}, along with airport equipment, buildings, pilots, crew, mechanics, soldiers, and vehicles

Moderators: grwebster, MichaelB, BWBrown, angelreader, ronc200

Re: The New Skybirds forum is now active

Postby Peter van Lune » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:39 am

Hi Tom,
Are you member of the Airfix Forum at http://airfixcollecting.forumup.be/? Although more focussed on plastic kits, you will find Brad Hansen from California, who knows a great deal about WW1 kits and surely will help you.
We corresponded in the past as well, it was your book that made me discover the existance of Penguin kits in 1989, when I found a copy of it in a local bookstore. Am now in the last stages of a book about the Penguins. If know of any collectors that I don't know, then please pm me, would appreciate any help while the book is not ready yet ;-).
Kind regards,
Peter van Lune
www.frogpenguin.com
Peter van Lune

Postby Mr.1/72 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:48 pm

Hi Peter,

Good to hear from you again. Congratulations (or condolences :-)) on your new effort. A new book on Frog Penguin is long overdue. Please count me in for a copy. I'll spread the word.

Do you have the Lines book on Frog? One of the finest books ever produced on modeling.

Thanks for the clue as to Brad Hansen. I'll try to contact him through the Airfix Forum. His book on WWI aircraft was one of the most significant works that led to my decision to do WWI/72. The book shall be mostly color, but a different layout than our EMS 72. Looking for a publisher at this point as it's just about ready. If all else fails I'll have to do it myself.

Your reply is the first on this forum. Hopefully there shall be more.

Happy modeling,

Tom
Mr.1/72

Postby MichaelB » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:06 am

Is Bill Matthews involved with this book?
I can't think of a better exponent and builder of Penguins.
Michael
MichaelB

Postby Peter van Lune » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:05 am

Hi Michael,
Yes, yes yes... He's involved, have been corresponding with him for several years now. One of several restorers and connaisseurs of Penguin kits who were willing to help me ;-).
Peter van Lune

Postby MichaelB » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:19 pm

Good! ...I've known and corresponded with Bill over the years and he's an amazing resource! If Bill has contributed then you've the Mother Load of information!
MichaelB

Postby Mr.1/72 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:45 am

On pg.2 of the posts, among the beautiful, large photos, is a blue German single seat fighter. It's not an Albatros, but what is it? DFW, LVG? Whatever it is, I have not seen it listed before.

Also, who posted this great stuff. I would like to use this photo in WWI/72, if permissable, and would like to credit the poster.

TIA,

Tom Young
Mr.1/72

Postby grwebster » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:37 am

tom to send an email to the poster just click on the small envelope on the right side and send one to him
As I recall he is a family member of the founder
GR Webster
Central Florida, and France
grwebster@aol.com grwebster@me.com
grwebster

Skybirds Models Value

Postby agh78 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:08 pm

Can anyone help me? I have cleared out my Dad's house, he has moved to a Care home and I have found his collection of 1930's Skybirds first world war models. they are absolutely perfect and superbly made and painted. Who would be the best person to assist me in their value and maybe where to sell them in the UK. There are 60 of them.
Many thanks,
Ala.
agh78

Postby grwebster » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Call Vectis auctions, they have sold Skybirds in the past and know them plus they have customers that know them too.
Other than that think about ebay
you may sell some by posting some photos of your dad's here
I would be interested in buying any seaplanes he has if he made them well
you can email me photos if you want grwebster@aol.com
GR Webster
Central Florida, and France
grwebster@aol.com grwebster@me.com
grwebster

Postby agh78 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:24 pm

Many Thanks.

I have contacted Vectis and they are very interested in them.

There is a sea-plane amongst them. I will get them all out of their packing and send a photo to you.

Alan.
agh78

PreviousNext

Return to Skybirds