Redoing A Spanish Stuka

For members interesting in improving and refinishing die cast models

Moderator: Epap

Redoing A Spanish Stuka

Postby Epap » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:08 am

It's been a while since I posted any of my "code 3s", so here's one to start the ball rolling again. About 20 years ago, the CDC Armour company kicked off the modern mass produced diecast aircraft replica craze with an extensive line of 1:100th scale models. At the time, it was not considered essential to include much of the detail that is now demanded---like "wheels-up" and "down" landing gear options, pilot figures, extensive panel line detail, etc. so the typical Armour model at the outset was a pretty simple affair. To save production costs, all of the models were in the "wheels-up" mode-----except for the Stukas.

I happened to acquire an Armour Stuka in Spanish Civil War garb recently and have upgraded it to presentable standards. Like all of its kind, the model featured virtually no panel line detail, its crew, pitot head and main bomb were missing, the landing light and the walk lines were absent, the markings were far too glossy and, in the case of the fuselage sides, incorrectly aligned. Here's a picture of the model in its original form:Image
Epap

Re: Redoing A Spanish Stuka

Postby Epap » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:10 am

So, I added the bomb and pitot head as well as the landing light and walk lines and, with some difficulty, redid the fuselage side markings. Here's the result---unfortunately my lighting has too much yellow in it but trust me----the base colors are the same:Image
Epap

Postby Epap » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:11 am

A view from the rear:Image
Epap

Postby Epap » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:12 am

Finally, the underside showing the large bomb:Image
Epap

Return to Refinished Die Cast Models