How to get email notification on each new post.

A place to discuss anything of interest to collectors miniature airplanes

Moderators: grwebster, MichaelB, BWBrown, angelreader, ronc200

How to get email notification on each new post.

Postby admin » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:01 pm

One of the many reasons we created the new site was to avoid the automatic emails we used to receive from the yahoo forum.
If, however, you would like to be informed each time a new post is made in a forum that interests you, emails will be sent to you if you request it by doing the following:
sign in
click on 'Board index' at top of page on the left
from the list of forums open the heading of one that interests you.
For example ' Die Cast Airplanes - Modern'
scroll down to the bottom of the page to the words 'Subscribe forum' and click on those words. You are now subscribed to the forum. Note that the checked box next to 'Subscribe forum' does not mean you are already subscribed. When you are subscribed it will show a Xed box with 'Unsubscribe' next to it.
Do this for every forum you want. You change this later in your 'User Control Panel'
The same applies to topics in each forum, at the bottom of each page click the words 'Subscribe topic' . It recommended that you do this whenever you post a new topic or a reply.
If you do not want email subscriptions but want to see new activity when you sign on, click on 'Board index' at top of page on the left
then select ' View active topics' and a list of every topic will appear with the most recent one at the top of the list.
If there is anything you would like to improved let us know.
miniatureaircraftcollectors.com - 'By Collectors, For Collectors'
admin
Site Admin

Re: How to get email notification on each new post.

Postby scottw » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:32 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to thank the people that decided to break away from the Yahoo group and form this site, and I want to thank you for not making the assinine unilateral decision to make individual emails required. I just checked my Yahoo mail, and my box was overflowing with unwanted mail from that group. needless to say, I'm very, very angry, but at the same time very appreciative for those with the initiative to break away from such absurdity. It is nobody else's business when we choose to participate, whether it be twice a day or twice a year.

Thanks,
Scott
scottw

Postby grwebster » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:33 pm

Scott, the yahoo site is inactive. It will be maintained as people continue to find it and they are directed over here when they do.
On this site, no email are sent on topic replies unless it is requested.
On rare occasions a group email is sent.
Welcome
GR
GR Webster
Central Florida, and France
grwebster@aol.com grwebster@me.com
grwebster

Postby scottw » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:14 pm

Thanks GR, and this is an outstanding site; congratulations on your fantastic work on it!

Scott
scottw

Return to General Discussion