Kevin McNeight - Collector

A place to discuss anything of interest to collectors miniature airplanes

Moderators: grwebster, MichaelB, BWBrown, angelreader, ronc200

Kevin McNeight - Collector

Postby sandmanoverhaul » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:30 pm

With much sorrow I must share that Kevin McNeight passed away Saturday after a long battle. Kevin was an extraordinary individual who was a notated Airline Flight instructor, Airline Pilot and miniature aircraft collector. Kevin's career began in the Air Force as a C-130 Driver and flight instructor who then began a second career as an airline pilot and then progressed into flight instruction there as well. Kevin's last duty was flying with Delta Airlines and based in Georgia.

Along the way he began collecting aviation related artifacts and especially models that reflected his own aviation connections as well as aviation historical items. Most items in military, commercial and private were all attractive to him and in many way he reflected the eclectic interests of the late CR Webster. He amassed a collection of large and small models with favorite subjects being the C-130, B-727, DC-8, DC-9/MD-30, B-737 and any unique versions thereof.

Kevin was a deep-minded pilot and, as a flight instructor, showed amazing patience, always a soft-spoken tone, and high tolerance with his student pilots. Hundreds of current commercial pilots learned focus, anticipation and consistency techniques from Kevin's tutelage. Kevin was also a master at all types personal skills including those needed as a general contractor (house rebuilding), museum curator (aviation artifacts), and confidant with all he knew. Kevin's deepest conviction was suggesting that anyone could and should consider becoming a commercial pilot.

I noted that everyone he met wanted to become his friend and most did. Kevin is survived by his wife, Cindy, who he also convinced to become an airline pilot and is current with UAL.

Funeral plans are being made to be held 10 am, Monday the 19th in Atlanta.

Tom Sanders
sandmanoverhaul

Re: Kevin McNeight - Collector

Postby hovermd » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:44 am

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. My deepest condolences to you and Mr. McNeight's family.

Mark
Mark Driver
Toy Helicopter & Rotorcraft Collector
markmdrive@aol.com
hovermd

Re: Kevin McNeight - Collector

Postby sandmanoverhaul » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:02 pm

Mark,

Thank-You for your thoughts. Kevin was one of the best.

Tom
sandmanoverhaul

Return to General Discussion