When posting pictures....

A place to discuss anything of interest to collectors miniature airplanes

Moderators: grwebster, MichaelB, BWBrown, angelreader, ronc200

When posting pictures....

Postby buzzcarsu » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:32 am

Photobucket isn't cutting it these days. What sites work well with this chat room when posting pictures?
buzzcarsu

Re: When posting pictures....

Postby sandmanoverhaul » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:42 pm

Welcome to MAC!

I upload directly from my computer. This usually means shrinking the photo to fit the minimum allowable size here on MAC

1) Hit "upload attachment"
2) Hit "Choose File"
3) Hit "Add the File"

If the picture is not downloaded, it is mostly too large in size. To shrink the image on your computer, try these steps-
1) choose a picture
2) Hit the "Open" tab in the menu bar
3) Hit "Paint" tab
4) Picture will open at full-size. In the menu top left hit the "Resize" tab.
5) Menu should open that says "Resize and Skew" NOTE that the "Percentage" option is chosen for this process. [You can explore Pixels Later]
6) Since there are no standards on beginning photo sizes, you will have to test the image size. Rule of thumb is shrink the photo until it is around 25% of your CRT screen area.
7) To do this, go to the "Horizontal" tab. It says "100". Change it to 50, 30, or 20 and see how much the image shrinks.
8) Hit the "OK" tab
9) Image will shrink in size.
10) Save that image with a new ID
11) Go back to MAC and upload that image.
12) If that image does not upload, it is probably too big. Repeat the steps 1-11 again.
13) eventually you will get a pretty clear idea what size works and stick to that percentage on PAINT.

Good Luck, we look forward to your images.

Tom Sanders
SANDMAN OVERHAUL
sandmanoverhaul

Re: When posting pictures....

Postby buzzcarsu » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:04 am

Thanks! I will work on that. In the last two weeks I received a 1930's era Tippco monoplane pressed tin, as well as a 1930's Mettoy with clockwork mechanics and a great example of the classic Marx DC-4, but I do need to find a replacement 'door' for the fuselage. Pictures coming, but also trying to move in the next two weeks, so soon!
buzzcarsu

Return to General Discussion