new member looking for source material

A place to discuss anything of interest to collectors miniature airplanes

Moderators: grwebster, MichaelB, BWBrown, angelreader, ronc200

new member looking for source material

Postby buzzcarsu » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:41 pm

Hello! What a pleasant find. People as obsessive (even more so) than me! I'm a relative newcomer to collecting antique toy airplanes starting about 4 years ago. Briefly, it began as an effort to locate aircraft that were familiar to my childhood, but has gotten a little more obsessive. I currently have 50 examples in the 'man cave' with three planes in shipment. I started looking for specific Dinky aircraft, but now I search for Marx, Wyandotte, Mettoy, Lin Mar,Barclay, wood kit planes and random examples, being most fascinated with pre-1950 tin and pressed steel planes. I want to find information about the manufacture (when not known) the years of manufacture as well as the actual aircraft the toy is based on. After one evening of scanning this site I've already gained some insight. So to begin, if you know on on-line sites with information on early Marx and Wyandotte planes, that would be a great start. I look forward to chatting and checking out the collections of others in the immediate future.Image
buzzcarsu

Re: new member looking for source material

Postby sandmanoverhaul » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:57 pm

Send me a note here, as I can assist you with pressed steel and vintage models.

sandmanoverhaulplus@gmail.com

Regards,
Tom Sanders
sandmanoverhaul

Return to General Discussion