OUT NOW: "FROG Penguin - plastic scale model kits 1936-1950"

A place to discuss anything of interest to collectors miniature airplanes

Moderators: grwebster, MichaelB, BWBrown, angelreader, ronc200

OUT NOW: "FROG Penguin - plastic scale model kits 1936-1950"

Postby Peter van Lune » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:02 pm

As announced earlier...

I am contacting you to let you know that I have written a book about the history of FROG Penguin - plastic scale model kits 1936-1950, which is available from from my website www.frogpenguin.com.

The FROG Penguin range was the world's first range of all plastic model kits - a globally spread hobby in the 1950s through 1970s and made famous by manufacturers like Airfix and Revell. Until now the only available book about FROG was "FROG Modelaircraft", written by Richard Lines and Leif Hellström, published in 1989. My book is focussed on the Penguin range however, with over 250 pages and more than 400 full color/bw images.

It took over ten years to be completed and was written with the help of family members of the founders of FROG. It has many unpublished photos and includes practical information about recognizing and restoring these delicate models. The date of publication is no coincidence: it marks the 80th birthday of plastic kit modelling...
It includes many personal accounts of modellers now in their 80s and 90s, the wartime activities of FROG, a detailed price guide and background information.

You may find additional information on my website.

It is self-published, so I am doing all the advertising and promoting myself - reason for contacting you as well...

You may expect a review of my book in an upcoming IPMS Magazine.

Kind regards,

Peter van Lune
The Netherlands
Peter van Lune

Re: OUT NOW: "FROG Penguin - plastic scale model kits 1936-1

Postby Depool » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:11 am

Peter van Lune wrote:As announced earlier...

I am contacting you to let you know that I have written a book about the history of FROG Penguin - plastic scale model kits 1936-1950, which is available from from my Male Extra website soon.

Congratulations on the book. I'd be very interested checking it out. I'll try to write a review as well.
Last edited by Depool on Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Depool

Postby Peter van Lune » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:13 am

Depool wrote:Congratulations on the book. I'd be very interested checking it out. I'll try to write a review as well.

Thanks! Until now have only received compliments and very happy (and flattered..) with that - Im sure you will enjoy it ;-) - available at www.frogpenguin.com...
Peter van Lune

Postby Peter van Lune » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:11 pm

Very happy with this positive review in the UK IPMS Magazine:
Peter van Lune

Return to General Discussion