WTS Stolen Topping Model Replacements

A place to discuss anything of interest to collectors miniature airplanes

Moderators: grwebster, MichaelB, BWBrown, angelreader, ronc200

WTS Stolen Topping Model Replacements

Postby stuffinder » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:43 pm

Since there is no wanted header here I'll put this here! An old acquaintance called me today and is looking for some Topping models to replace some that were stolen in a house burglary recently. Most likely an "inside" job involving familial drama so they probably won't be popping up on ebay or the local flea market!
My friends Dad worked his entire life in the aircraft industry and was one of the principals in the Fleetwings Co. who produced the stainless steel Seabird amphibian. Later on the company evolved into a sub-contractor & built vertical stabilizers, rudders, etc. One of their main accounts was Grumman who gave models of the airplanes they built components for to his Dad. I remember seeing the models and with the exception of a beautiful "in-house" Republic Seabee they were mostly Toppings. Here are some of the models he's looking for. Grumman F-7-F Tigercat, S-2C, A-6 Invader, OV-1 Mohawk there may be others I'll hopefully have a list soon. Just thought I'd get this out before next week's mini-MAC meeting in case anything shows up.
Best contact for me is: gyro at stuffinder dot com

Stay Dry & Avoid Patricia!

Later,
Tom Heitzman
stuffinder

Return to General Discussion