Suggestions wanted

Objects incorporating models of aircraft.

Moderators: grwebster, MichaelB, BWBrown, angelreader, ronc200

Re: Suggestions wanted

Postby MichaelB » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:06 pm

Nuttin to it...how 'bout disun?

You did say twin engine twin tail, yes? :D
Attachments
MichaelB

Postby B24man » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:54 am

Haha! I'm discovered! yes a bit biased I admit, a b32 would be nice as would a Hughes racer too!
B24man

Postby soslipstream » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:19 pm

I highly recommend creating a universal ashtray base and arm first. Most collectors seem to have two or three models without their stands. Referring My past notes on this concept, a relatively simple cast or cut aluminum base with an arm that has a hole at the top to either bolt-on the airplane or a ball for a swivel will get you the initial return on your investment much faster than going on to choose an airplane model. This way, by the time you are up to speed with the bases in marketing and shipping logistics, you can get the top choices for the models by tally and choose the production model that will sell with authority.

I have other suggestions, just send me a PM.

Regards,
Tom Sanders
soslipstream

Postby m94x » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:29 pm

So, we've put the Concorde on the short list but in the meantime, the P-51 is the plane we decided to go with. Both the base and aircraft are cast while the supporting rods are stainless steel. Since these are sandcast models, we're not going for attention to intricate detail as the focus. Having said that, even the guy at the tumbling facility knew right away we had a lot of Mustangs! i'll post a photo of the assembly with three Mustangs in formation (prior to polishing) and mounted on a rough base (the final base looks alot nicer). The plan is to make a very limited quantity and number them, each signed by the artist. These will not be sold on Ebay but can be ordered by special request by emailing me at ed.das@rogers.com.
Special requests will be considered.
Attachments
m94x

Postby m94x » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:32 pm

Here's a photo of the cast and polished base with a raised star. Canadian aviation fans can also get the same base with a Maple Leaf.
Attachments
m94x

Previous

Return to Ashtray Models, Table Lighters and other Accessories