My First WWI "Biggie"

For discussion of finished and assembled models from kits, scratch-built models, and snap-fit kit models.

Moderators: MichaelB, angelreader, dasimperator

My First WWI "Biggie"

Postby Epap » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:19 pm

I've embarked on a campaign to fill gaps in my warbird collection using any form of construction that gives me good results, not just diecast. This has led me to explore various plastic and wooden models that are out there, as well as diecasts made by less well known companies. My wishlist is highly selective and consists of planes in both the 1:72nd and 1:48th scale that I don't expect to see from the likes of Corgi, Hobby Master, etc. anytime soon--if ever. Invariably, I'm going for "unusual subjects", but, as I said, on a very diciplined basis.

My first, WWI addition happens to be a Handley-Page 0/100 bomber, made out of wood in 1:72nd scale by a company called Dream Works. Unlike the toy-like wooden models that are commonly sold, my replica----I understand that it is no longer in production and only one was left after my purchase-----has a realistic paint job, credible markings, a good deal of rigging, and they actually carved the lines indicating the wing flaps rather than painting them on. In other words, it could be called "museum quality". Anyway, here are a few pictures:Image
Epap

Re: My First WWI "Biggie"

Postby Epap » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:20 pm

Here's a view showing the front from one side:Image
Epap

Postby Epap » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:21 pm

To complete the picture, here's a top shot:Image
Epap

Postby grwebster » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:37 am

very nice model- never seen any before. Great find.
GR Webster
Central Florida, and France
grwebster@aol.com grwebster@me.com
grwebster

Return to Assembled Models