1/432nd Models in Black

These small scale wartime ID {identification recognition} models were produced in plastic and soft metal. After WWII Comet Authenticast reissued their products as boxed toys

Moderator: BWBrown

1/432nd Models in Black

Postby BWBrown » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:37 pm

Has anyone seen or heard of 1/432-scale models in black plastic? A friend has some. So far he hasn't been able to sign up for this forum, but he's working on it. In the meantime, I thought I'd ask. I'll pose this same question in the section on Plastic Promotional Give-Aways. Thanks! -- Bryan
BWBrown

Re: 1/432nd Models in Black

Postby grwebster » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:11 pm

Bryan, never seen any in black but I have some in silver. {?} no idea if they are original or were resprayed.
I did find a Russian one, SB-3.

Incidentally, for the other members I have taken a close look at some of the Cruver 1:432 scale models and can confirm the following from the examples I looked at.
Most all have holes, dark grey plastic, most are dated, all are country coded, and some have the Cruver C-in-a-circle logo.
The Kix planes I looked at only had the aircraft name- . C-54, B-29, etc, no Cruver mark date or anything else. No holes. Most are light grey, some are kind of a light grey- green.
GR Webster
Central Florida, and France
grwebster@aol.com grwebster@me.com
grwebster

Postby ramseyd » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:17 pm

Bryan, I seem to vaguely remember seeing black on eBay years ago. There were some supposedly from the Cruver factory made in the 90's that were made in white. I got five in 2000. These came with a Cruver letterhead saying they were made there, but who knows if that is true. It would seem possible that these could have also been made in black, as well. Dennis
ramseyd

Postby greyhairguy » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:16 am

Bryan asked this question as favor to me. I was trying to access this forum and was not having any luck so Bryan asked for me in my place. I traded for these about a week ago. When I received these cruver ID's in trade, three were black. I was sure I had accidentally fallen over the mother lode. But, After viewing the comments on the feedback forum here and emailing back and forth with Bryan , I was encouraged to scrape a minor spot on one to determine if these were, in fact, painted black. Sorry guys (and I'm even sorrier) these do appear to be spray painted. The paint job is so well done, I didn't even suspect. Thanks for your response's Mel
greyhairguy

Return to 1:432nd scale