Faux Playset

toys made by Marx, Wyandotte, Steelcraft etc....

Moderators: MichaelB, angelreader

Faux Playset

Postby soslipstream » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:10 pm

Being afflicted with "What If" tendencies, I pursued a project to create a period 1939 "Playset" using various competitors toys. I know, shame on me but therapy still hasn't worked so here is the result of my effort.

Taking the Wyandotte Super Mainliner as the baseline I added another Airplane (Marx Twin Engine Transport) and a couple of "support" vehicles. The Marx airplane had been heavily damaged so an overhaul and an upgrade to DC-3 was an easy choice to make. The airport tug is Tootsietoy and the Fuel Truck is vintage Barclay loosely based on the Diamond T "Doodlebug". All the pieces have matching paint to keep the concept in cohesion.

Regards,
Tom
Attachments
soslipstream

Re: Faux Playset

Postby grwebster » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:13 pm

wonderful work
GR Webster
Central Florida, and France
grwebster@aol.com grwebster@me.com
grwebster

Postby soslipstream » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:52 pm

Thanks GR. Here is one more perspective. I have found great use in "Perfect" Brand model airplane "Balloon Wheels" in many restorations. I particularly like their smallest, 1/2" diameter tail wheels. They are excellent for such applications as the new main gear on the DC3 and the wheels on the Barclay Tanker. BTW, the Barclay Tanker rolls with ease now and a real threat on any Hot Wheels track!!

Tom
Attachments
soslipstream

Postby MichaelB » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:56 am

Very nice work!
MichaelB

Return to Pressed Steel