Information needed on JU-87 Stuka

Found an item that you cannot identify? Post it here

Moderators: MichaelB, angelreader

Information needed on JU-87 Stuka

Postby voodoo1200 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:13 pm

I am looking for information about the maker of this plane. Who? Where? How many? ....etc. It appears very similar to some Italian models I have so I asked faxtolder and he gave me some very good information but we couldn't nail down the specifics. Any information would be appreciated. It's approx. 13 inches long.
Attachments
voodoo1200

Re: Information needed on JU-87 Stuka

Postby MichaelB » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:42 pm

Wow! ...now that's a beauty! It looks new - is it? (...or newish...)
MichaelB

Postby voodoo1200 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:36 am

It was new back in the 1930s. I purchased it as a pre WWII model. When I got it it had a thick covering of nicotine and dust. I very carefully cleaned and polished it. It still show some pitting from people touching it over the years and not wiping the sweat off but other than that, It is in immaculate condition. The quality is unbelievable, the center point of the spinner is so perfect you can't see it move when turning the prop. It's big too, about 13" long. I sent some pictures to faxtolder, who has many original WWII models. This one and many of his seem to be made in the same way if not but the same person/company, possibly Ditta Ferè but we are not 100% sure. So any reliable information is greatly appreciated to positively identify all the specifics about the model.
voodoo1200

Postby Toyplaneguy » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:32 am

That is a real find. Wish I knew more about the maker too!

The Junkers Ju 87 or Stuka (from Sturzkampfflugzeug, "dive bomber") was a German dive bomber and ground-attack aircraft designed by Hermann Pohlmann and first flew in 1935. The Ju 87 made its combat debut in 1937 with the Luftwaffe's Condor Legion during the Spanish Civil War. It served the Axis forces in World War II.
Toyplaneguy

Postby fliegerii » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:45 pm

The JU-87 STUKA was one of the most popular aircraft type for models made in educational workshops or Luftwaffe service units.
Many different STUKA models are floating around and nearly all "one of". This is for sure a better one, many others are rather simple and/or crude.

I only know one company in Germany, which made such kind of models as a kind of "mass production" during wartime, but this model is for sure not coming from there.
fliegerii

Return to Unidentified Models