Check out my collection

post photos of your collection displays here.

Moderators: MichaelB, angelreader

Check out my collection

Postby voodoo1200 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:20 pm

It 's is a work in progress and will continue to grow as I can get more pictures taken, but I would like to encourage ALL of you to do this and start your own TUMBLR web page........it's easy and it's FREE! All you have to do is sign up for TUMBLR and start up loading your pics of your collection. I love seeing everybody's planes. If you do please come back to this page and post your web address so we all know where to find everybody. Here's mine

http://voodoo1blog.tumblr.com/archive

I an directing you to the archive page because it shows all the pictures that have been uploaded so far.

Scott
voodoo1200

Re: Check out my collection

Postby grwebster » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:02 am

very impressive collection and tumblr does a good job in displaying them

I am curious how you display them in your home, any photos of that would be appreciated

Thanks
GR Webster
Central Florida, and France
grwebster@aol.com grwebster@me.com
grwebster

Postby Darryl » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:59 pm

Scott,

Amazing collection of models...very impressive indeed! Browsing through the images I noticed the Fomaer RCAF "Golden Hawk" model. I have been searching for this one for a long time to no avail.

Would you happen to know of another example that I might be able to acquire for my own collection?

Cheers,
Darryl
Darryl

Postby voodoo1200 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:41 pm

Darryl,

Unfortunately "That " is the only one I have ever seen and knew I had to have it ....it cost me quite a bit. I was lucky enough to find this one in pristine condition.....even though the canopy is yellowed, I bought it in the original box....never having been displayed before. I have been offered lots of money for it in the past but never seeing any other for sale I am reluctant to sell......for any amount of money. That being said ....if I ever see another I would certainly buy it or let you know where you could buy it.

Scott
Last edited by voodoo1200 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
voodoo1200

Postby voodoo1200 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:54 pm

GR Webster,

Her are a few pics of my office......sorry for the poor quality.....I suck at taking pictures.
Attachments
voodoo1200

Postby grwebster » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:11 pm

That is incredible! beautiful display.

BTW I hope you don't live in a zone that has earthquakes- I had an old friend in california who displayed her collection of mostly very rare topping types of models, ie plastic, on glass shelves stacked high on a wall like yours.

Well his house was built on top of the San Andreas fault and when the big one came the top shelf broke, dropped on the one below, broke it and so on all the way to the floor. Disaster!

But as you are a Canadian, I suspect your should be ok! Especially as your models are mostly metal!
GR Webster
Central Florida, and France
grwebster@aol.com grwebster@me.com
grwebster

Postby Darryl » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:28 pm

Scott,

That is a truly amazing collection...thanks for sharing these images.

Re: the Fomaer Golden Hawk. I was offered such an example many years ago. In fact, it could be the very same one you now own as I have the identical image of the model (GH # 6) with yellowed canopy in my archives. It was sent to me by the seller. At the time I thought he was asking too much for it and passed thinking that I would find another. I guess I was wrong!

Cheers,
Darryl
Darryl

Postby voodoo1200 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:38 pm

GR Webster...no Canadian but Texan......not too many earthquakes down here......thank God.

Darryl......I thought he wanted too much for it at the time to but couldn't pass it up. I did the same thing just a month or so ago.....I passed on a Fomaer MB-326K, thinking another would show up.....so far No......I have asked a few collectors I know about the model and they all tell me "I should have bought it, they are very rare"........Now I know.
voodoo1200

Postby faxtolder » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:20 pm

Really nice stuff, especially those dozen Italian models at the bottom of the page, that REALLY look like the photos of my collection that I posted on this very same board... ;)
faxtolder

Postby voodoo1200 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:22 pm

That's because they are! They are such nice models and nice pictures they need to be seen by as many people as possible. Like I wrote in the beginning.......Everybody needs to start their own web page.....show your collection!
voodoo1200

Return to Photos of your collection