Too Little, Too Late, Japanese Style

post photos of your collection displays here.

Moderators: MichaelB, angelreader

Too Little, Too Late, Japanese Style

Postby Epap » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:57 pm

Thanks to the ongoing Hachette publisher subscriber series, my collection of WW2 Japanese diecast warbirds continues to grow by leaps and bounds. The models are all smaller than 1:72nd in scale with fighters, typically, done in 1:87th, attackers like the Val or Kate in 1:100 and bombers, such as the Betty, in 1:120th. The models are light, but made of metal and, generally, are of very decent quality compared to similar lines being sold in Italy, Russia, etc. by other publishers. Having just received a 1:87th scale Kikka----Japan's belated attempt to emulate Germany's ME-262A in attack bomber form------I now have eight models depicting planes that might have made a difference----in Japan's favor----but didn't go into service until the last few months or the war or never got past the testing stage. Here they are. Can anyone name them?Image
Epap

Re: Too Little, Too Late, Japanese Style

Postby norri » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:07 pm

apart from the famous ones, useless at the jap names but the seaplane i know. Aichi Seiran.

this is the one in the 'Udvar Hazy' wing of the Air and Space Museum Washington DC

the B-29 in the background is Enola Gay
norri

Return to Photos of your collection