Airline Promotional Airplanes

Ready made plastic toys such as Renwal, Palitoy, Acme, Processed Plastics, etc...

Moderators: MichaelB, angelreader

Re: Airline Promotional Airplanes

Postby planepaul » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:19 am

Aeronaut wrote:
planepaul wrote:Here is a sampling of Kalas-Puffar premiums. K-P is a cereal sold in Scandanavian countries (Switzerland?). There may be another four in the series. They are slightly smaller than the typical premium.

Alert!!! Alert!!! :roll: Switzerland is not part of Scandinavia....Maybe Sweden? :lol:

Oh, snap! Sweden is what I meant......Brain fa*t...
planepaul

Re: Airline Promotional Airplanes

Postby MichaelB » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:26 am

Tony, the Allegheny DC-9 was issued in both "Fan Jet" and non- versions. I still need a plain plane.
I have to thank GR for the Deux-Point, and it's a great plane to have! ...love this series!
Indeed, a big attraction of most of these little things is that they are nicely done little models! The Electra is especially nice. They are reasonably hard to find and come in NAL, Braniff, NWA and blank versions. ...I always wonder who produced them. Presubably they were made for Lockheed, as Lockheed has a history of selling/giving souvenir models of their planes. Why, the very last "airline" giveaway was a Lockheed - the L-1011.
I'll drag out a photo of the Familistere pieces. Again, French merchandising premiums and as always, much better than they needed to be.
Also...on your C-124 in green...it is part of a set of aircraft that seem to have origins at Cruver and their 1/432nd pieces. They are larger than that - but not by much - and the C-54 (and others) show casting similarities with Cruver.
On top of that this later toy series included a Consolidated Coronado...not a common subject, but an important part of the Kix cereal premiums which were made by - Cruver! ...of Chicago.
I have yet to find any toy sets or other retail packaging that included these toy planes. I'd sure like to see it! Stuff like this makes it hard to sleep at night!
I have included a photo that shows most of the ones I have. These are nice little models!
Michael
Attachments
MichaelB

Previous

Return to Plastic toys