Hallmark 2015 Ornaments

Ready made plastic toys such as Renwal, Palitoy, Acme, Processed Plastics, etc...

Moderators: MichaelB, angelreader

Hallmark 2015 Ornaments

Postby MichaelB » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:18 am

Have we really not discussed this item before? The stock is long gone from the stores, of course, but you can pick them up on eBay any time.
The lead piece was a WACO Aristocrat (which I have also seen as "Astrocraft"). It's another cute high wing, cabin monoplane from the '30s..well...it's a biplane but that's OK!
It scales out at 1/96.53 which is close enough to 1/100 to call it as that. This also allows it to blend with many other of their issues, which, once again, hover in the 1/100 area.
It's a lovely piece in a beautiful copper finish with red trim. There are no clear parts, just areas painted a light blue - for this line, that's fine. The wheels roll and the prop spins - you gotta have those features! Naturally, right on top is the brass loop to attach a hanger to; again, this is in keeping with the line which is, after all, "Collectible Ornaments".
This is another excellent addition to this fine line which started back in 1997. Nice piece - you need to have one!
Michael

PS: For the past few years Hallmark has also issued - just before the Holidays - an additional airplane but not in this "Skies The Limit" series. Whatever...
Prior subject have been the UH-1 and SR-71 which was surprising made of diecast metal! The usual airplane from Hallmark comes as a plastic resin base. This year it was a P-38 Lightning. Apparently it sold very well as I was never able to find one in any store. Likewise, on eBay, they bring more than double the pricing for the WACO.
So...I've been skunked on this one! :(
I have attached pictures of the WACO, and it's lovely - it's also in the genre I like, which includes '30s civil aircraft. Now I will have to be patient while anticipating 2016's choices. ...what could they be?
Michael
Attachments
MichaelB

Hallmark 2015 Ornaments

Postby Tone » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:49 am

That reminds me of Tootsietoy # 718.
Tone

Re: Hallmark 2015 Ornaments

Postby MichaelB » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:24 am

The "WACO Navy Bomber", yes? I see some red ones that look familiar and I'm certain it's the same original. That wing stagger is very distinctive.
MichaelB

Return to Plastic toys