Heinkel HE-111 B1

Prototype/design models. Desk models contracted by or made in house by aircraft manufacturing firms. Makers of these types of models include Topping, Precise etc...

Moderator: larrymak

Re: Heinkel HE-111 B1

Postby fliegerii » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:42 pm

The gear was already unpainted in original condition. I just cleaned it and decided not to paint it. The point is, that by total restauration unfortunately most of the "vintage charme" is gone. This is always a big problem when you do such work. So it is helpful to keep some features in previous conditions to remark somehow the real age.
By the years I have learned, that in the very most cases for the value of the model it is better to keep it in original condition and just to repair it. I am lucky to have made some photograph in arrival condition which show me still, that it was definitely a wreck and no more good for any repair.

The origin has likely become impossible to find out. The model was sold twice on Ebay. The first buyer tried to start repair, but gave up after a year. Then I got it.
My assumption is either a manufacturer model made at Heinkel in one of their workshop or a model made by Luftwaffe soldiers of an educational staff. A little hint is the marking including an "A", which stood for "Ausbildung" = Education. Those B1 types were still used until beginning of WWII for training. On the other hand the quality of the marking application was very poor and in opposite to the camo paint quality, which was very good. Eventually the marking was applied later after the finished model changed owner's hands... It will remain a mystery.... :?:
Attachments
fliegerii

Heinkel HE-111 B1

Postby Tone » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:42 pm

Your work looks outstanding! Thanks for sharing your photos. The model looks much better than any Lehmann version :lol: :lol:
Tone

Postby Epap » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:33 pm

I have been following this thread with much interest and I am really impressed with this restoration. Great job! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Epap

Postby voodoo1200 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:44 am

That model fell into the hands of the right person at the right time to get the beautiful restoration job that it got. This is something that I am always trying to do......preserve or restore some of these beautiful works of art from the past. That is truly amazing.
voodoo1200

Previous

Return to Manufacturer's Models