Boeing 747

Models contracted and paid by the airlines to be put on display in travel agencies.

Moderator: larrymak

Boeing 747

Postby angelreader » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:24 am

These two came from Westaway models who seem to handle all types of things these days,they came with long decal sheets and detached engine nacelles,very modern and nothing like as beautiful as GR's lovely period flying boats.
The type of model represents the hard plastic limited production runs done for the airlines in the seventies.
Barry.

angelreader

Re: Boeing 747

Postby grwebster » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:35 am

Barry, there is something off in the scale of the cockpit windows. They aren't right to my eye, no?
GR Webster
Central Florida, and France
grwebster@aol.com grwebster@me.com
grwebster

Re: Boeing 747

Postby angelreader » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:28 pm

Now you have pointed this out you are right,these two have been on the back burner for a while now and I have not taken a lot of notice of them,well the decal on one came like that,Westaway sent me a decal sheet for the other as yet I have not found a suitable long enough dish to soak off the decal,why it is like this I just do not know ?
One thing that puzzles me is what happened to the thousands of travel agent models that we once had in the UK from the fifties and sixties ? all they use now is Wooster etc,just purchased some surplus models from Birmingham airport all had tailplanes missing but now replaced,nothing special.
Barry.
angelreader

Return to Travel Agency Models